TESM Ltd (“TESM”), with our registered office at Chancery House, 53 – 64 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1QS is committed to protecting and maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
TESM is a global organisation, with offices located in London, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, USA, Australia and India. The global subsidiaries are committed to processing your personal data with applicable data privacy laws.
This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that TESM collects, uses and discloses about job applicants, as well as your rights in respect of such personal data.
Compliance with the procedures specified in this document will ensure that TESM complies with data security policies and the GDPR requirements.
Who does this Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice applies to:
- New Applicants applying for a job with TESM
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information, also known as personally identifiable information or personal data for the purpose of this Privacy Notice, means any information that:
- Directly and clearly identifies an individual, or
- Can be used in combination with other information to identify an individual
Types of Personal Information we collect
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of those who seek to be employed by us. An overview of data that may be collected is provided below:
When a person applies to us directly or their CV is sent via one of our approved 3rd party recruitment agencies the following information will be obtained & retained by TESM. This list may not be exhaustive and will depend on what information you have added to your CV and provided to us.
- Identification data: Full name, photograph, date and place of birth, nationality
- Contact details: Address, telephone number, email address
- Employment details: Employment history, current job, company name & location
- Academic and professional qualifications: Degrees, skills, language proficiency, training information
- Salary Data: Past and present requirements, including details of base, bonus, commission & benefits
How we collect your Personal Data
TESM may collect your information in a variety of ways, including:
- Via our website and applicant tracking system: If you apply online to us or have your CV sent to us via an agency in response to recruitment adverts
- Via Email and DocuSign: In response to a contract or service provider agreement being raised and sent to you for signing and the collection of onboarding documents
- Via third parties: As part of the background screening process
- During your employment/engagement with us: Related to your work/job activities, throughout the period of time you’re with us.
The Purpose for Processing Personal Data
- Processing your personal data for the performance of a contract. The processing of your personal data for contractual purposes is mandatory as the refusal to provide personal data would make it impossible to sign and perform the contract between you and TESM.
- For example, we process your data to pay you in accordance to your employment contract and administer benefits, including auto enrolment pension & death in service.
- Processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- For example, we need to check your right to work in the UK, to be able to deduct tax and to comply with Health and Safety
- Processing special category data is processed to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
- For example, to make reasonable adjustments for staff who have a disability
How Long is your Personal Data retained?
If you are not successful, the data held by us from the application process will usually only be retained by the HR & Resourcing team for 6 months, from the point the CV was received. Should we wish to retain your CV beyond this point, for the purpose of searching your skills for future opportunities with TESM, we will seek your consent. This will then be reviewed on an annual basis.
Sharing your Personal Data
Your information may be shared:
- Internally: Including with members of the HR and Finance team, your line manager and account managers in the business area you work. Facilities, for building access and health & safety purposes.
- IT: To enable them to perform their role, including onboarding, offboarding and support during your employment
- Third parties: For background screening, processing of payroll, provision of benefits
- Customers: Sharing CVs/profiles to prospective clients for the purpose of securing engagements
Transfer of Personal Data Abroad
As TESM operates on a global basis your personal information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including to countries that do not provide the same level of protection to your personal information. When we export your personal information to a different country, we will assure that adequate protection exists either through appropriate contractual arrangements or as required by applicable laws.
When using company provided resources, equipment, postal services, phones or laptops, TESM may monitor any activity on those devices at any time. Company equipment should not be used for anything not related to TESM business.
We do not monitor employees in any way outside of these conditions
Updating your Personal Data
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information changes during the course of your employment/period of contractual engagement, please keep us informed.
You have the right to contact us to:
- Request confirmation as to whether your personal data exists and to be informed of it’s content, source, verify its accuracy and request its rectification, update or amendment.
- Request the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing.
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal grounds for processing.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change or update this Privacy Notice because of different interpretations, decisions and opinions relating to the EU Privacy regulation. Should changes be made, we will notify you by email of any significant changes.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, please contact HR in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer at dpo[at]tesm.com.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more information about the the ICO on its website here