TESM Integrated Governance, Risk and Compliance provides a single set of performance based controls to address GRC and drive improved IT performance, lower costs, and reduce risk.
Running Service Management and Risk & Compliance in concert allows you to execute with uniform information. GRC is integrated directly into your business processes to provide a comprehensive view of risk and compliance activities:
- No unnecessary competition for resources
- No redundant processes
- No gaps in visibility
A shared platform allows for automated evidence and data collection so that you can verify, in real-time, that controls are working effectively. In addition, full access to all asset, configuration, and IT data within ServiceNow enables automated remediation.
The application covers every stage of the GRC process:
- Identify risks and document policies specific to the organization and evaluate the risks
- Define and design controls to mitigate risks and enforce policies
- Schedule reoccurring or on-demand control tests to collect compliance evidence and identify failures which need remediation
- Automatically extract evidence from existing service management processes for control tests and audit activities
This enables simplified reporting to audit committees and reduces compliance reporting costs.
Single Source of Truth
Shared platform process controls aligned to organizational risks and corporate policies provide visibility and accountability across the organization:
- Drill easily into source data for real-time reporting and fully informed risk-based decision making
- Proactively manage complex regulatory frameworks
- Automatically collect information from across all service management processes in ServiceNow (and outside SN via secure integrations) as evidence of compliance
- Replace manual attestation processes with automated survey-based assessments – audit instances with the corresponding results and findings are automatically updated and retained, creating a distinct audit trail
- Achieve the ideal state of continuous controls monitoring with a comprehensive control management structure for early identification and mitigation of risk